Fashion & lifestyle

Thursday 6 July 2017

Three reasons why this dress is a Summer must-have, especially if you live in the Uk!

Summer dresses are becoming a bit of a long lost dream for us UK girls as our Summer is more of a two day heat wave where we all rush out and buy flip flops and then it’s back to winter before we know it ( slight exaggeration there but you get the idea!) So when I spotted this dress over on Dorothy Perkins I instantly thought of all the box’s it ticked for a UK summer and how much wear I would be able to get out of it.

Here are three reasons why this dress is a Summer must-have, especially if you live in the Uk! 

1. It has sleeves, now sleeves in the Summer may not be a good shout, but they are thin enough to be cooling yet long enough to make you feel covered slightly if the weather takes a sudden turn for the worst! Which is often the case whenever I step out the house in a dress.


2.  It’s midi in length and has a slip underneath that fits like a dream! The fit of this dress was really well thought about as it fits the figure perfectly without being too tight and uncomfortable. I don’t know about you but I can certainly name a few embarrassing Marilyn Monroe moments I’ve had thanks to a selection breezy Summer days, so having the length there is very reassuring. Strolling down the street past a group of builders holding your dress down for the life of you is never the most enjoyable situation to be in. And if you’re a regular fake tan user like myself this is a great option for when you get some nasty streaks or dry patches of tan but still want to wear a dress! – It happens to all of us!

3.  Lastly, It’s on trend! If you follow me over on Instagram you’ll see I’ve totally gone above and beyond with the embroidered pieces! My wardrobe is starting to look like some flower-powered madness! But in all seriousness, Dorothy Perkins are totally smashing this season's trends, mesh, embroidery and frills clear the SS17 styling hit list with ease! 

This blog post was in collaboration with Dorothy Perkins yet all the opinions are my own.

Scroll down for a look book 

































SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I love this dress, I've been so into embroidery lately.

    Sophie xx // www.oneunique.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig