Fashion & lifestyle

Tuesday 16 May 2017

How To Up Your Style Game



For as long as I can remember I have always admired how people embrace their personal style, I often get a lot of my fashion inspiration just from being out and about, I see people put things together that I would never of thought to do myself. A few years back I got into the habit of only ever wearing black jeans and a  ‘nice top’ this uniform worked day in day out and did me very well, however I have recently tried to incorporate some pieces into my wardrobe, which are not necessarily your average wardrobe basics. I spotted these black flared trousers over on the boohoo website last week and instantly fell in love with them, which is crazy because something like this wouldn’t have even made it into my trolley a few months ago let alone onto my blog.

I always remember various people saying to me when I was younger ‘you don’t know unless you try’ now this was more than likely used in the context of food, however looking back this quote is actually pretty true when it comes to fashion, If like me you are getting a bit bored of sitting in the ‘fashion safe zone’ I say go for it, not everyone is going to like what you wear because if they did that would defeat the object of personal style in the first place. But embrace what you love and wear it anyway. If you need inspiration I find Instagram the best place, check out the fashion hashtags and scroll away! Something is bound to take your fancy.

I would also just like to talk about the whole ‘wrap top’ trend, recently I have seen this style get more and more popular as the season goes on and I have to say I love it! This style of top just has a great effortless, chic style and is very good at giving you that put together look without much effort! If you don’t already have something like this is your wardrobe  I recommend you check it out. I have also been eyeing up wrap skirts and dresses recently so watch this space for more of this style. Unfortunately the one I have on in this post is now out of stock but I will link some similar pieces below.

I would love to hear your thoughts on personal style in the comments and what things you love wearing that are a bit ‘out there’.






SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Lovely post babe! Everything you said was so true. I often take a look at your instagram to find inspiration, your style is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! That is so lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig