Fashion & lifestyle

Friday 5 May 2017

Boohoo AW17 Press Day

So where do I even start on this post, the fact that the press day was amazing or the fact that I was asked to attend! When I first started my blog never in a million years did I think I would be teamed up with boohoo and off to their press day! I’m sure to many a press day isn’t a very big deal but it was a very exciting prospect for me having only been blogging for 2 years.

So when I arrived the location felt very exclusive with glamorous lighting and a chic interior it was defiantly the perfect spot for this sort of event. There was a free bar for everyone to enjoy offering some very lovely cocktails and soft drinks, not mention the beautifully arranged sweets trolley on arrival. Thanks to the Meringue Girl’s team! Throughout the day there was a catering team handing out some very tasty canapés and keeping the event looking spotless. There was also a hair and make up team offering free trails off of there very talented stylists fixing up some super on trend hair and make up topped off with a lot of glitter of course! I had the most enjoyable time chatting to various people from all aspects of boohoo as well as journalists, other boohoo ambassadors and also a selection of you guys reading! Everyone at the event was so lovely and I took in all advice that was being passed around.

Now for the best bit… the clothes!

Having seen some of the upcoming styles I have to say it has got me pretty pumped for the next season there was so many new shapes coming through and so many reworked styles and classical pieces with a twist! There was one blue shirt that stood out to me the most with frills, buttons, stripes and cut out areas it just had it all going on and I was sold at first sight! I will 100% be picking one up when the line is launched!

There were rails and rails of beautifully assorted trends that fell under each category hung on beautiful white boohoo hangers. I’m not going to give too much away about the clothes but I have say there was so many fresh looks with some gorgeous fur jackets and dusty pink shades that really stood out to me, a lot of mesh and metallic and lots of biker chic pieces with leather,  studs, dropped hems and distressed denim. I saw a lot of reds along with some gorgeous muted/burnt mustard shades mixed with some retro floral patterns. Embellished shoes are looking like a big hit for AW17 as well as a continued trend of embroidery.

I must just say I had the most amazing time and feel very grateful to be part of such an amazing group of people! However I shall stop rambling on now as I’m sure you are all more interested in the pictures I took so enjoy!
















SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig